Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building  by: Louis Sullivan

Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building image image: freebase.com / wikipedia commons :report image

Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building map

Creative Commons License
Freebase CC-BY
Source: Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building on Freebase licensed under CC-BY
image information: freebase image


  • The Sullivan Center, formerly known as the Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building or Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Store, is a commercial building at 1 South State Street at the corner of East Madison Street in Chicago, Illinois. It was designed by Louis Sullivan for the retail firm Schlesinger & Mayer in 1899, and expanded and sold to Carson Pirie Scott in 1904. Subsequent additions were completed by Daniel Burnham in 1906 and Holabird & Root in 1961.
    .........
    from Wikipedia - select 'Wikipedia' tab above to read more.

    Building Images

    • Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building image

    more buildings by Louis Sullivan
    • Dexter Building image
    • Peoples Savings Bank image
    • default
    • New Orleans Union Station image
    • Pilgrim Baptist Church image
    • Holy Trinity Cathedral, Chicago image
    • default
    • Purdue State Bank image


    buildings close to Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building

     Books Related to Chicago

       

    Comment:

    More Sharing Options:

    Add to List



  • Interactive Maps

  • Linked YouTube Videos

    Back to Top