St. Ann and the Holy Trinity Church  by: Minard Lafever

google map image: google maps :report image

St. Ann and the Holy Trinity Church map

Creative Commons License


  • St. Ann and the Holy Trinity Church is an historic Episcopal church located at the corner of Montague and Clinton streets in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. The building was built as Church of the Holy Trinity, and opened in 1847. Following years of controversy, the parish was closed in 1957, and the building stood mostly empty for the next 12 years. The present name of the parish reflects the fact that St. Ann's, the oldest Episcopal parish in Brooklyn, moved into the then empty Holy Trinity building in 1969. The church possesses some of the earliest figural stained-glass windows made in the United States, crafted by William Jay Bolton. The church was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987.
    .........
    from Wikipedia - select 'Wikipedia' tab above to read more.
    more buildings by Minard Lafever
    • default
    • Merchant's House Museum image
    • Old Whaler's Church image
    • default
    • default
    • Campbell-Whittlesey House image
    • St. James' Church, New York image
    • default


    buildings close to St. Ann and the Holy Trinity Church

    Comment:

    More Sharing Options:

    Add to List



  • Interactive Maps



  • Linked YouTube Videos

    Back to Top